The continuation of our work depends upon your generosity. Your donation will help us to...
- provide people with free resources that offer practical support in the management of their care
- present workshops and training to raise awareness in healthcare, prisons, education and the workplace
- create mentoring and training opportunities for people to regain confidence
- develop our services so that they are easily accessible to health services, the individual and their carers
- produce The Pocket Advocate booklets at a reduced cost for people on low income
- deliver The Pocket Advocate service to voluntary and charitable organisations at a subsidised rate
"It can be difficult sharing symptoms like having paranoid or suicidal thoughts, because of the alarm it can cause in others.
Our work has the potential to transform the dynamic between a person and those involved in their care.
The Pocket Advocate shows clearly that mental distress is manageable and with the right intervention the cycle of crisis and relapse can be prevented. That the individual has the power to evaluate and take responsibility for the progression of their symptoms, so that they can become an equal and respected voice in the management of their care."